Under the guidance of IT management, the Desktop Support Specialist provides day-to-day desktop support and other technical operations for the organization as needed.
Company Location: Kühbachstraße 11 · 81543 Munich
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate IT Asset Inventory and assist in acquisition, deployment, support, and retiring of IT assets based on established IT Life Cycle management.
- Provides support for IT Assets, such as computers, monitors, phones, mobile, tablets, printers and other equipment.
- Provides highly satisfying services and support for all level of users in the Organization, including staff, members, and executives.
- Administers all duties in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards.
- Effectively and efficiently manages the life cycle of the service request, including detailed documentation as well as escalation (when necessary and appropriate).
- Manages tickets as necessary to ensure that help requests are resolved in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoots IT hardware, software, network and printers.
- Provides Audio/Visual support as needed.
- Provides on-call and after-hours support as needed for urgent escalations.
- Other duties as needed.
- A+, MSDT, or Help Desk certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in installing, troubleshooting, and/or maintaining software and hardware installations, upgrades and related activities.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Operating System and Apple.
- Customer service focused with strong interpersonal skills including a positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ability to interface professionally and effectively with end users at all levels and with varying technical knowledge.
- Self-motivated with the ability to quickly learn new systems, business processes, and concepts continuously with little or no documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside-the-box”, perform research, and operate independently in order to devise solutions to difficult problems.
- Ability to operate as a team member, supporting departmental decisions, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stress appropriately and professionally.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lb. loads.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
|Job Category||Information Technology|