The Quality Inspector is responsible for assisting with performance of incoming / receiving inspection of electronic components under the direction of the warehouse manager. The Quality Inspector determines conformance or non-conformance to specification in support of the release of incoming and in-process materials for use and documents non-conformances for follow up and resolution.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for receiving, warehousing, packaging, and/or shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
- Ability to perform unaided and microscopic visual inspections on various electronic devices/components
- Perform visual inspections on various electronic devices/components. Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination needed to inspect components
- Prepare reports and quality records in compliance with procedures
- Coordinate areas of QC work with other department’s work, i.e., receiving, shipping and purchasing
- Perform receipt inspections of material for work area in conjunction with receiving staff
- Report as necessary on changes in quality standards (internal and external)
- Liaise with customers and suppliers where necessary (when quality issues arise)
- Utilize measuring and test equipment, as required to insure accuracy.
- Ensure that orders are being expedited for shipping in a timely manner per their release date, estimated delivery date, or ship by date.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify receipt of products.
- Ability to work confidently work in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required.
- Responsible for maintaining work areas to 5S standards.
- Organize the daily workload to optimize high output and consistency throughout the shipping team and ensure the team performance is in-line with department goals.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Detail oriented; motivated to provide the highest level of quality.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety and environmental policies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Some college with at least 2 years receiving /shipping experience.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Knowledge of Domestic and international shipping methods and procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft office tools including, Outlook, Word, Excel, and web applications a must.
- Experience with FedEx, UPS, DHL shipping software, a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team and management.
- Demonstrated professionalism in working with management and suppliers.
- Ability to motivate and build teamwork and moral.
- Knowledge of export compliance.
- Individual must be dynamic and always prepared for constant change in job description as the company continues to expand.
- Must be able to work in fast-pace environment with a sense of urgency if necessary.
– Training and Orientation Program
– Medical benefits
– Competitive Salary
– Paid Vacations