Position Summary, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Knowledge of Domestic and international shipping methods and procedures.
- Ensure that orders are being expedited for shipping in a timely manner according to their release date, estimated delivery date, or ship by date.
- Responsible for receiving, warehousing, packaging, and/or shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
- Prepare international documents for export. (International shipping experience)
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify receipt of products.
- Ability to work confidently work in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required.
- Responsible for maintaining work areas to 5S standards.
- Organize the daily workload to optimize high output and consistency throughout the shipping team and ensure the team performance is in-line with department goals.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Detail oriented; motivated to provide the highest level of quality.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety and environmental policies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Some college with at least 2 years receiving /shipping experience.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations a must.
- Previous supervisor experience preferred.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with Microsoft office tools including, Outlook, Word, Excel, and web applications.
- Basic computer skills including learning in-house software program.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team and management.
- Demonstrated professionalism in working with management and suppliers.
- Ability to motivate and build teamwork and moral.
- Experience with FedEx, UPS, DHL shipping software.
- Knowledge of export compliance.
- Individual must be dynamic and always prepared for constant change in job description as the company continues to expand.
- Must be able to work in fast-pace environment with a sense of urgency if necessary.